Thursday 23 October 2014

A few moments of sylvan solitude!

*
In the Himalayan Dell, Durham University Botanic Garden - Ingrid Sylvestre North East artist

*****
As you know I absolutely love my work. I love meeting all the people at the events where I draw glamicature caricatures and cut silhouettes, and the variety of work activities is so interesting and stimulating. And in the midst of all this busyness, I also cherish a few moments of sylvan solitude!

Last week I visited the Durham University Botanic Gardens, and how beautifully the Himalayan birches shone in the early evening light. They seemed to raise their slender branches in a dance of the dusk.
*****
*****
Magical conifers - Durham University Botanic Garden - Ingrid Sylvestre North East artist

*****
The conifers rose like majestic towers and there was a magical feeling that somehow combined excitement with tranquility.

*****

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tour water colour work is so delicate it could be eaten :-)

Mark and Gaz said...

the silver birch photo looks ethereal Ingrid!

Phoenix C. said...

RuneE - maybe I should paint on edible rice paper, or those icing sugar cake toppers! :)

Phoenix C. said...

The 'Himalayan Dell' in the Botanic Garden does have a lovely ethereal feel, Mark and Gaz, it is one of my favourite places.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely photos and it's always wonderful to enjoy a moment of solitude in the woods

lynn'sgarden said...

A favorite past-time for me, too....a garden stroll, in solitude. Love those conifers!