Tuesday 16 November 2010

A Blank Canvas - (or in this case, paper)!


Unlike many of my fellow-artist-friends, I LOVE a blank canvas or sheet of paper!

It's that excitement and anticipation of making the first mark, which may be premeditated after many sketches, or just joyous spontaneity.

This piece of work will be based on the landscape around Grey Towers which featured in my blogpost of November 12th. I'll be posting as it develops ...

North East artist Ingrid Sylvestre, Durham North East England UK. English Landscape Painter, English Landscape Painting, English Romantic Landscape Paintings, Fine Art commissions paintings for sale.

10 comments:

Paulie said...

Now, that's one way to look at it! I particularly like the toes sticking out in the bottom of the photo myself. . .

Phoenix C. said...

My toes got rather chilly in canvas shoes, Paulie - I should have worn my walking boots!

Bay Area Tendrils said...

Hi Ingrid
I sometimes feel good about a blank canvas, while other times I'm thrown into a bit of a funk when confronted with one;-)
Alice
btw...Thanks for stopping by Alice's Garden Travel Buzz .. a work in progress!

Phoenix C. said...

Alice, the part of a painting I find most difficult is knowing exactly when to finish - not doing too much and spoiling it!

Your Garden Travel Buzz is looking great!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I can't wait to see how it looks. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Phoenix C. said...

Thanks - I hope so, Catherine!

Carol said...

So true but it can be frightening too! I look forward to seeing more posts! ;>)

Phoenix C. said...

Hi Carol, I will keep posting on it's progress!

Anna said...

How exciting - like the first page in a fresh notebook.
Hope that all is going well with the project. Keep us posted.

Phoenix C. said...

I'll keep you posted, Anna! I'm working on several projects at present, and enjoying all of them!